Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thing 20 - I Tube, You Tube

I chose the YouTube video titled Concept Mapping: How to Start Your Term Paper Research” as an example of how libraries can use videos in helping their customers.

href="">

In general I found that the MetaCafe.com site to be much more conservative than You Tube which seems to be more socially oriented. As soon as I went to MetaCafe I found a few videos that I found interesting for various thngs I would be able to use in libraries. There were: Science experiments such as how to make a sundial, Origami How to make a Kawasaki Rose, and one on the Titanic sinking. The Titanic video caused me to realize that these types of sights might bring out some never before seen footage and photos to public viewing. I think the Libraries and Schools ought to embrace these new technologies as a way to further engage their customers.

No comments: