Sunday, December 9, 2007

Oh Well it’s week whatever and Thing # 23 has been posted on the Library Learning 2.0 Blog and I have to go back and catch up. Well here goes. Although I may not do them in exact order I will complete all the things including the supplemental halvesJ

Thing 3

In reviewing the 3rd thing I note that I haven’t posted the hardest and easiest learning habit. Well the easiest for me is Confidence in my learning ability. I have continued to learn about new and exciting things during my career. (Unfortunately Technology wasn’t one of them.) For example deciding to change careers and join Librarianship after many years in another industry has opened up many new horizons for me. Probably the hardest challenge was keeping the end in mind. Sometimes I have trouble deciding what the end should look like.

Thing 5

Posting a link to my Flickr pictures.


These are some of the sites in london from my most recent trip (2/2007)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14984374@N03/


Thing 6 – Mashups

Since the assignment was to explore mashups and write about one I first had to understand what they were. The Wikipedia articles were very helpful.

The mashup I chose to explore was FLIGHTWAIT ( www.flightwait.com ) which graphically displays the flight delays out of airports across the country. I thought this was great and I will be reviewing it the next time I travel domestically.

Thing 7 – Previously Posted

Thing 8 – Create a Bloglines Account

Creating the account was easy. But again first I had to “Read all about It” since I wasn’t sure what it was or how it could be useful. Of course once you know what it is you easily see how useful it can be.

Thing 9 – RSS Feeds

For the purposes of this exercise I selected two feeds add to my Bloglines Account. First is the BBC News site because of my interest in all things British and the second was engadget to further my goal of trying to keep up with new technology. Each of these serves my goals and I now check my bloglines account almost daily.



No comments: