Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thing 18 - Collaboration

For this Thing, I looked at all three applications (Google Docs Writeboard and ThinkFree) although I only signed up for Google Docs which I found to be a very useful tool for those times when multiple people must collaborate and share a document. I wish this were available for those times in Library school when I had to work on Group Projects. It would have made things a lot easier. I also like the idea that you can access the documents from any PC which has Internet Access. My concern in these and any other application where you are relying on the Internet for saving material is how to insure the permanent retention of your information. Suppose for example the company whose web site you are using decides to go out of business or not support the particular application. What do you do?

No comments: